wedding planning

Questions & Answers

1.Who pays for the wedding?
2.Where do I start with my guest list?
3.Who do we invite if we're getting married abroad?
4.Who sends the invitations and when?
5.Should I set a dress code?
6. What time should the bride & groom get to the ceremony?
7.Do my bridesmaids enter before or after me?
8. What duties do the best man and ushers have?
9.Can my pet dog be part of my wedding?
10.Do we have to have favours?
11.Do we need a receiving line?
12.Should we offer a choice of food?
13.When are the speeches and in what order?
14.When should we register our gift list?
15.Can we ask for cash instead of presents?

16. Looking to celebrate a birthday not a wedding? See for gift ideas to impress

Show Us a better way


THE LAW AND WEDDINGS THE conventional Church of England wedding, as described ...

THE LAW AND WEDDINGS THE conventional Church of England wedding, as described in Chapter II, is the most usual form of first marriage and is officially known as 'marriage by banns'. If this form of wedding is selected, the vicar or rector of the church chosen should be called upon - ideally by both bride- and groom-to-be - although the groom can make the bridal booking on his own. The purpose of the visit is to obtain the priest-in-charge's permission for the wedding and to ascertain his personal readiness to officiate. This pre-supposes that both bride and groom are resident in the parish in which the wedding is to take place. If either resides in a different district, the clergyman of the church of his or her parish must also be approached and 'requested to publish banns simultaneously with those of the bridal church itself.

This is a very important point which should not be overlooked. It is the clergyman's duty to check that the bridal couple are of age or, if minors, have their parents consent to the marriage and are indeed free to marry.

When these facts have been checked he will publish banns. This is done during the normal Sunday services, after the second lesson and banns will be `called' on three successive Sundays preceding the ceremony in the wedding church. Should one of the parties live in another parish, it is necessary to obtain a certificate from the clergyman whose, church is not being used to give to the officiating priest. Without this certificate stating that the banns have been legally called the officiating clergyman cannot proceed with the wedding service.

Should neither of the couple live in the parish in which they wish the wedding to take place it is possible for either (although it is more usual for the groom to fulfil this function) to take a room in the parish and live during week-ends in order to fulfil the requirements of `fifteen days residence' in the parish as stated in the certificate. It is not necessary for the groom (or bride) qualifying for the residency clause to live there every day, but he must sleep at that address at least one night in each of the weeks composing the fifteen days.

After the banns have been called legally, the wedding may take place on any date within the next three months. However should the ceremony not be performed by the end of this period, the validity of the banns lapses and they will have to be called again and the whole procedure repeated before a wedding can take place. The reason for the publication of banns is the prevention of fraudulent marriages. So it is important that the names in which the banns are called are the couples correct names or the legality of the wedding itself may be put in question.

If Only One Of The Parties Gives A False Name, The Marriage ...

Marriage by licence exception to the residency clause can be obtained if ...

Special Licences A Special Licence Permits A Marriage To Be Solemnized On ...

SPECIAL LICENCES A special licence permits a marriage to be solemnized

Copyright 2019© Mad Musing Wedding Planner, for a better wedding FULL STOP...