wedding planning

Questions & Answers

1.Who pays for the wedding?
2.Where do I start with my guest list?
3.Who do we invite if we're getting married abroad?
4.Who sends the invitations and when?
5.Should I set a dress code?
6. What time should the bride & groom get to the ceremony?
7.Do my bridesmaids enter before or after me?
8. What duties do the best man and ushers have?
9.Can my pet dog be part of my wedding?
10.Do we have to have favours?
11.Do we need a receiving line?
12.Should we offer a choice of food?
13.When are the speeches and in what order?
14.When should we register our gift list?
15.Can we ask for cash instead of presents?

16. Looking to celebrate a birthday not a wedding? See for gift ideas to impress

Show Us a better way


MARRIAGE BY LICENCE Exception to the residency clause can be obtained if ...

MARRIAGE BY LICENCE Exception to the residency clause can be obtained if the couple choose to marry by special licence. An Archbishop's licence which can cost £125 or more (for wedding costs see back of book) allows marriage at any time in any church.

If a marriage by licence is arranged, no publication of banns is necessary, provided that one of the parties has been resident for not less than 15 days in the parish where the church is situated (if either of the couple's names appear on the electoral register for a particular district this counts as residency even if they do not actually live in that area). The ordinary marriage licence is granted by clerical officials known as Surrogates or may be obtained by personal application to the diocesan registry. The advantage of marriage by licence over marriage by banns is that as soon as the licence has been obtained the ceremony can take place. It is essential that one of the parties to be married should apply personally for a licence, as the applicant is required to sign a sworn declaration to the effect that there is no legal reason why the marriage should not take place, and that one of the parties of the marriage (if not both) has resided for at least fifteen days before the date of the application within the parish of the church in which the marriage is to take place. Licences (known as common licences to distinguish them from special licences) can be obtained from the Faculty Office, 1 The Sanctuary, Westminster, London S. W. 1 . They can be used in any church which is licensed for weddings through England and Wales provided the residence qualification has been kept.

The office of the Vicar-General, which at the same address grants licences for churches in the Province of Canterbury only. Licences in the diocese of York are granted by the Vicar-General of the Province of York, Minster Yard, York. Licences are also issued at the registries of the various Diocesan Bishops throughout the country which are situated in all the cathedral cities.

The office of the Bishop of London is at Dean's Court, Doctor's Commons, London E.C.4.

Special Licences A Special Licence Permits A Marriage To Be Solemnized On ...

SPECIAL LICENCES A special licence permits a marriage to be solemnized

It must be remembered that it is necessary to produce before the ...

The Only Other Instances Of Women Being Allowed To Conduct Marriage Ceremonies ...

The only other instances of women being allowed to conduct marriage ceremonies occurs in those branches of

Copyright 2017© Mad Musing Wedding Planner, for a better wedding FULL STOP...